Mars women (or successful career women) sometimes succumb to popular dating advice that doesn’t fit them. I will cover 5 common dating tips that go against the grain of the Mars woman in a relationship here:
- DONT GIVE ADVICE: Ok, so no one likes unsolicited advice…but if asked her advice, a Mars woman would be straight with you, man or woman. And why not? She advises people everyday all day at work and has lots of experience and education. should her opinion put men off? No way! They can still have their own mind but all the better to sit there alongside a confident, intelligent date.
- DON’T SHOW INTEREST: The book, “The Rules” made this concept popular by suggesting that women feign disinterest, act mysterious, not call back and appear busy but Mars women are busy and they’re usually direct. They have no time for nonsense or games and if they’re interested than you will know it and that’s how it should be!
- DON’T PAY OR RECIPROCATE: Many dating experts suggest letting the man take the lead in all things dating but a Mars woman isn’t used to waiting around for what she wants. she is used to earning what she gets through merit, effort and work. sure, dating should be fun but if she has funds, why shouldn’t she invest in a relationship too?
- DON’T SHARE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Many dating experts advise young women not to share job or income successes because it might intimidate men. Women have long seen the advantage of men’s success so why shouldn’t it work in the reverse as well. Being great at your career and being helpful in this world at large is a positive thing–male or female. The right man for a Mars woman will applaud her accomplishments!
- DON’T ASK A MAN OUT OR SUGGEST DATE IDEAS: Dating experts have long suggested that a woman not offer activity ideas for dates or ask a man out. yet research shows that when women did ask a man out, 51% of female initiated dates led to a relationship that lasted more than 6 months!
Most of the top dating experts continue to tout gender stereotypes and to give this kind of dating advice, even though it clearly does not fit the Mars woman today. They need a book to be their voice and to lead the way to real love.
So, here it is…you can buy the Kindle edition of my book: When Mars Women Date: How Career Women Can Love Themselves Into the Relationship of Their Dreams, by Dr. Paulette Kouffman Sherman on Amazon.com; or sign up for When Mars Women Date Newsletter, to know when the print version is released along with details about our community, services, and upcoming events.
*Permission to use excerpt with proper attribution
About this Author:
Dr. Paulette Kouffman Sherman is a licensed psychologist, owner of My Dating School (www.mydatingschool.com), author of “Dating from the Inside Out”, published by Atria Books, a regular speaker at The Learning Annex and is the NY Love Examiner. She’s been an expert on television like the CBS Early Show & the AM Northwest Early Show and a radio guest on the Curtis Sliwa show. She’s been quoted on MSN.com, USA Weekend, the NY Post, Newsweek, Lifetime.com, More, Match.com, Foxnews.com, Fox Business, Better Homes & Gardens, Reader’s Digest, Redbook, Glamour, Forbes, Woman’s Day, Metro newspapers, Men’s Health, Seventeen, Complete Woman magazines, and the NY Times. Her new book,When Mars Women Date: How Career Women Can Love Themselves Into the Relationship of Their Dreams e-book can be ordered on Amazon through October. It will come out in the print version in December. Learn more on her website: www.whenmarswomendate.com!