7 Love Is Work Principles:
(excerpted from Dr. Sherman’s new ebook, ‘When Mars Women Date’)
1. Take Action: In your career you know that you can’t just talk, you need to take action to land career prospects. Do the same thing in dating.
2. Be Consistent: It takes time to master something. You need to keep putting yourself out there in order to advance, even when you don’t feel like it. It’s what commands greatness in any area.
3. Accept That Sometimes You Won’t See Results: I’m sure there were times in a work situation where you invested time and energy and it didn’t work out. This is part of the game and you can only do your part to the best of your ability.
4. Diversify: At work you need to have multiple tasks and projects going on at once. Some will do better at different times. It’s the same in dating. Until you’re sure you want to invest 100% in one partner, keep seeing a few.
5. Develop Relationships: In business some of the best, long lasting customers are those with whom you have great trusting relationships. You check in with them and ask questions to provide the best, most personalized service. Dating is similar because you need to develop trust and ongoing communication is also important.
6. Be Clear About the Benefits of Dating You: In the work world you sell yourself and your company by explaining the benefits that you provide. Dating is not as in your face but the principle is the same. You need to be confident that you’re a great person and partner and this will come through.
7. Get a Mentor: In your career you’ve probably had bosses who have guided you and taught you the ropes. Support goes a long way in answering your questions and bolstering floundering self-esteem. If you can afford (and you need) a dating coach, get one. Otherwise you can use this book and get a few single friends to support you and be your wing women in the beginning. Ask them to go to single’s events with you.
If you want to learn more about how to apply your great work ethic to love, read my new book:When Mars Women Date: How Career Women Can Love Themselves Into the Relationship of Their Dreams, by Dr. Paulette Kouffman Sherman on Amazon.com; or sign up for When Mars Women Date Newsletter, to know when the print version is released along with details about our community, services, and upcoming events.
*Permission to use excerpt with proper attribution
About this Author:
Dr. Paulette Kouffman Sherman is a licensed psychologist, owner of My Dating School (www.mydatingschool.com), author of “Dating from the Inside Out”, published by Atria Books, a regular speaker at The Learning Annex and is the NY Love Examiner. She’s been an expert on television like the CBS Early Show & the AM Northwest Early Show and a radio guest on the Curtis Sliwa show. She’s been quoted on MSN.com, USA Weekend, the NY Post, Newsweek, Lifetime.com, More, Match.com, Foxnews.com, Fox Business, Better Homes & Gardens, Reader’s Digest, Redbook, Glamour, Forbes, Woman’s Day, Metro newspapers, Men’s Health, Seventeen, Complete Woman magazines, and the NY Times. Her new book,When Mars Women Date: How Career Women Can Love Themselves Into the Relationship of Their Dreams e-book can be ordered on Amazon through October. It will come out in the print version in December. Learn more on her website: www.whenmarswomendate.com!